ATTENTION!!!

I'm moving this blog to:

http://fucknits.feministy.com

It's a bit of a mess right now as I get my head around Wordpress and dust off my long-neglected FTP skillz.
Please update your bookmarks! Both of you!!

Tuesday 11 December 2007

So. Tired.

Sleepy as fuck but I keep putting off updating this and I'm actually getting a backlog of FOs!

I leave Paris in about a week and a half and then I have no idea what I'll be doing with my life or where I'll be living. I really should do what I've been saying I'll do for about three years and buy a campervan.

Skating and stuff 001I've been doing lots of ice skating this week, there's two rinks been set up at Montparnasse and Hotel de Ville. I've been wearing the cabled hat I mentioned in my last post (toooooo tired to link). Click here for a like, totally rad (I'm so not down with the kids anymore...) video of us displaying our mad skillz (both on ice an with yarn).

I finished the Sari Silk earflaps hat and I love it to bits. When I wear it I can hear the silk creaking, it's got such a nice, thick texture. The best bit is, just as I'd finished I was crocheting a border around it and I came to a knot (first one!) The ball changed from a bluey-purpley colour to an orangey-greeny one. I don't know if you can tell from the picture... but I'm so pleased, it's like two for the price of one.

So here's the hat, and a close up of the fabric:
Sari Hat 002Skating and stuff 002
...and here's the Calorimetry I knocked up with the second colour. Nice pattern, I'd never looked at it closely before and didn't realise it was made with short rows.
Skating and stuff 005
(I think you can click on the photos for full size... if so that close up makes a great desktop wallpaper, although it's a bit busy).

DSC00903So now I've mastered magic loop, I had no excuse not to buy an 80cm long 2.5mm circular needle and get started on some socks for Simon I'm making with some really nice Regia. My first toe ups! Going along great so far...

I got him to measure his feet over the phone the other night and he says they're 265mm (10.5 inches) long and exactly the same circumference. Does that sound wrong/strange/freaky to anyone?

No comments: